ND Law 4.1-47-02 Control and eradication of noxious weeds.
1. Each person shall do all things necessary and proper to control the spread of noxious weeds.
2. No person may distribute, sell, or offer for sale within this state a noxious weed.
Being stated in North Dakota law listed above it is required that noxious species be
controlled in all land in the state of North Dakota. It is the effort of McKenzie
County Weed Control to facilitate a plan of action in the effort to control
and eradicate noxious weeds
on properties in McKenzie County.
THIS FORM IS A MANAGEMENTS TEMPLATE THAT IS SPECIFICALLY
DESIGNED FOR LARGE PROPERTIES/AREAS.
McKenzie County Weed Control recognizes and complies with North Dakota Noxious
Weed Law and all of its responsibilities and authority. A copy of North Dakota’s
noxious weed law can be obtained in its entirety from the McKenzie County Weed
Control Office upon request.
The goals of McKenzie County Weed Control are as such:
1) To manage the spread of noxious weeds while developing an effective long
term integrated weed management plan that implements chemical, cultural,
biological and mechanical weed control.
2) To increase awareness and educate the citizens of McKenzie County about
the impact of noxious weeds, the North Dakota Noxious weed law and
weed control techniques.
3) To build and implement programs that foster cooperative efforts between
groups, agencies and individuals on noxious weed control issues.
Detecting, containing and wherever possible eradicating infestations of
noxious weeds in McKenzie County
Managing noxious weeds on lands owned or controlled by the county
municipalities within the confines of the district, and along county, state
federal rights-of-ways, stockpiles and holding areas.
Releasing and redistributing approved Biological Control Agents.
Using and promoting proper chemical, mechanical and cultural control agents.
Providing educational presentations and information.
Offering programs to help residents in McKenzie County manage noxious
Implementing combinations of these and/or other noxious weed control
techniques, programs and practices to work together to manage noxious
1. Absinth Wormwood 2. Canada thistle
3. Dalmation toadflax 4. Diffuse knapweed
5. Halogeton 6. Leafy Spurge
7. Musk thistle 8. Purple loosestrife
9. Russian knapweed 10. Saltcedar
11. Burdock 12. Black Henbane
13.Yellow Toadflax 14. Houndstongue
15. Spotted knapweed 16. Baby's Breath