McKenzie County works hard to employ qualified personnel and to help them achieve their own personal and career goals, while also reaching the county’s goals. We strive to provide an environment where employees feel engaged in their work, where opportunities are provided and where respect is shared.
It is the policy of McKenzie County to recruit, hire, train and promote employees without discrimination because of race, ethnicity color, religion, gender, sex, age, creed, status of marriage or public assistance, national origin or disability except where specific age, gender, or physical requirements are a bona fide occupational qualification. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. McKenzie County is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
As a reflection of the value we place on the contributions of our employees, McKenzie County offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (County pays 100% of employees participation)
- Flexible Spending Account - Medical and Dependent Day Care
- Supplemental AFLAC Benefits
- North Dakota Public Employees Retirement System
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance (Guarantee Issue Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee and Family)
- Defined Benefit Hybrid Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
We welcome all qualified individuals to submit an application to be considered for current and future job openings.